Thursday, March 3, 2011

Present Day

Fast forward two years later...
I am halfway through my Medical Massage Therapy program.  I feel like I am finally starting to find my way...like I am finally getting somewhere.  I have wanted to do massage therapy for years and years and never had the opportunity until last September.  After I started school, things just started to fall into place.  I've met amazing people and truly feel like I have made friends for life.  I am in such a good place right now and life is so very good.  I guess that's what I am wanting to discuss throughout the course of my blog.  I want people whose hearts have been broken by a loved one leaving too soon to know that things do get better...because in those moments...days...weeks...months after, it's hard to sometimes believe that things will get better...that you will move on...that it's OKAY to move on.  There will be very hard days but there will be days you laugh again without feeling guilty.  However there is not a single day that goes by that I do not think of him in one way or another....whether it be a song...his grave that I pass almost daily...a smell...so many things will take you back. It has taken me two years to get to the point I am today...two long, hard, sometimes dark years.  I suppose I just want to discuss things that I have thought, feelings I have felt, and things that have helped me learn to cope and move on and be happy again.  Hopefully this will help others....maybe someone who is just starting the struggle....maybe someone will see how their decisions can affect the ones they love...and choose life. Life gets hard...it gets dark....and people get lonely...but it does get better, and there are so many people who love you, whether you think so or not.  Hopefully you all can bear with me thru my ramblings...but in answer to a few who have asked, yes...I'm doing well.  In fact, I'm feeling amazing.  <3




The photo above is from one of my very favorite projects/books/websites.  www.postsecret.com for more info.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment